DirectionsCamp Bow-Isle is located on beautiful Bowen Island, less than an hour from downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, and about three hours from Seattle, Washington. Getting here is easy!
If you are coming by car:
- Travel north on Interstate 5 to Washington exit 275, which is also known as the “truck crossing”. Stop at the border crossing booth, then proceed north.
- Continue northbound until you reach Canada’s Hwy. 1, the Trans-Canada Highway. Enter Hwy. 1 westbound and follow signs towards Vancouver.
- Continue on Hwy. 1 through West Vancouver and follow signs towards Horseshoe Bay ferry. Enter ferry tollbooth on the far right hand side for passage to Bowen Island. Once through the toll booth, proceed towards ferry waiting area.
- After arrival at the Bowen Island ferry dock, drive up the hill through the village of Bowen Island. Near the top of the hill, veer right onto Mount Gardner Road. There will be a school on the right side at that intersection.
- Follow Mount Gardner Road until just past the recycling depot on your left side. You’ll see a small wooden sign on the left side of the road for Camp Bow-Isle. Turn left onto that gravel road and head up the hill to Camp.
- 49.381374 -123.364519
- N49° 22.882 W123° 21.871
- N49° 22′ 52.92″ W123° 21′ 52.26″
If you Are Flying:
Plan to arrive at Vancouver International Airport on the day your session begins. The best time to arrive is between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the first day of your session. The best time to depart is between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the last day of your session. Keep in mind that it takes about one hour to drive from the airport to Horseshoe Bay, and it takes extra time at the airport to clear customs if you’re flying from outside of Canada.
Be sure to check out the Travel Tips page for important information on passports, border crossing, and other important travel info.
Click here for a ferry schedule for the Queen of Capilano ferry which services Bowen Island from early morning until 9:30 P.M.