Travel Tips

Important Border Crossing Information!

As of June 1, 2009, all US or Canadian citizens age 16 or older entering or reentering the US by land, sea, or air must present one of the following:

  • A Passport or Passport Card
  • Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL)
  • Nexus Card

US and Canadian children under the age of 16 may present the original or copy of their birth certificates, or other proof of citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card at a land or sea crossing. If they are travelling by air, they must present a passport in order to board the plane.

For additional information, or to apply for or renew a US passport, please click here.

If you have questions or need assistance in planning your border crossing, please contact Camp Bow-Isle or phone toll-free (877) 943-2442.

Also, please note that children who are traveling with only one parent or with another family should have a notarized letter stating that their parents or legal guardians give permission for their children to travel to and from Canada. Download a copy of Camp Bow-Isle’s International Travel Letter for printing.

BC Ferries Info!

Click here for a ferry schedule for the Queen of Capilano ferry which services Bowen Island from early morning until 9:30 P.M.
<< Back to Contact